Keith Rumjahn con Coaching from the base up: Transformative basketball drills and practice plans from expert coaches (English Edition)Are you a beginner basketball coach looking for dynamic drills for your next practice, or a time-strapped volunteer coach for your son or daughter’s team? Coaching from the Base Up features paradigm-shifting ideas, drills and practice plans to help transform your coaching skills and abilities. Find out:
• Why players are spending most of their time waiting in line and how to fix it.
• Why players can’t perform the skills they lean in practice in a game.
• Why players are bored of practice.
• Why players are afraid to shoot.
Coaching from the Base Up is a practical guide filled with:
• Over 100 curated drills for shooting, dribbling, passing and conditioning separated by categories such as age, team drills, individual drills and game-based drills.
• Ready-to-use practice plans from our coaching experts.
• Interviews that will stimulate your thinking about your coaching philosophy, from AAU player development to how to nurture future NBA players.
Contributing experts in this book include:
• Bob Bigelow, former NBA player and author of Just Let the Kids Play.
• Brian McCormick, author of The 21st Century Basketball Practice.
• Chris Oliver, OUA champion coach and creator of Basketball Decision Training and Zero Seconds.
• Don Kelbick, NBA skills coach for Joe Johnson, Omri Casspi, Carlos Arroyo and Raja Bell, and the creator of the ‘attack and counter’ system.
• Ryan Holiday, SMAU and AAU basketball champion and founder of the Next Level Basketball Academy.
• Dell Curry, former NBA player and father of Steph and Seth Curry.
• Steve Collins, three times Wisconsin state champion and founder of Coach Market.
• Joe Riley, Spanish basketball expert and former assistant at Club Estudiantes.
This book is a compilation of our most popular drills and interviews from blog.coachbase.com, which has been viewed by hundreds of thousands of coaches. It’s the book I always wanted when I started out as a volunteer coach, and it is full of drills, practice plans and ideas that you can immediately apply to you next practice.